Download Parent Brochure
You want the best for your kids: Good job. Good money. Good life. A few decades ago, a high school diploma was all you needed to get there. That’s no longer the case. In today’s economy, education is the passport to success – but it doesn’t necessarily have to be a four-year degree. Consider this:
- Half of all U.S. jobs today can be defined as ‘middle skill,’ requiring a two-year associate degree or some post-high school technical training.
- Over the next five years, one of every two new jobs will be middle skill jobs.
In Indiana, many of these jobs are in advanced manufacturing and logistics. The news gets even better: Advanced Manufacturing and Logistics jobs opportunities are growing and they pay well:
- In Arizona, more than 5,000 manufacturing positions will be available within the next year as baby boomers retire and the economy bounces back
- Manufacturing positions pay an average of 40% more than the state’s median income.
- Logistics employment in the region is projected to grow 20% over the next five years.
- Logistics jobs pay 30% more than the state’s median income.
Middle-skill careers in these industries translate into good jobs that you and the young people in your life can be proud of. The advanced manufacturing and logistics industries include some of the world’s most innovate companies using the latest technologies to make and move products around the world.
Is there a young person in your life who isn’t sure about their plan after high school? Or maybe you have a friend or family member that found that four years of college isn’t right for them right now. Manufacturing and logistics might hold the answer. DreamItDoItAz.com will do more than help your student find a job; it’ll help them pinpoint an in-demand career that’s right for them without tieing them to years of costly college classes.